Tuesday 18 May 2010

Chuckle Visionaries

Well as it’s been a wee while since any of us News & Media types penned our thoughts in the blog, I thought it was high time that one of us got pen to paper…ok fingers to keyboard in this instance…and let our adoring public once again in on our world, and what better time than pre Leeds Met Intramural Rounders tournament…


As the tension rises ahead of the big day tomorrow, spirits are running high and the mood is that of great optimism and hope for our team, Team Chuckle, named of course after our office idols The Chuckle Brothers!

For me this is a particularly special occasion, as for once I will be leaving the pom poms in the boot of my car, getting my kit on and making my debut for the team…I can only hope the gods are smiling on us tomorrow; I’m terrible at sport. I always have been and always will be. I was always one of the last to be picked at school and the only reason I wasn’t the last was because I was someone’s mate! Still I thought that it was time to put my sporting demons behind me and give it a go this time around…I mean, like Dr Pepper, what’s the worst that could happen?!!

We have been getting into the spirit of things and practising our sure winning moves via the use of a plastic pigeon named Mick (a gift to the team all the way from Somerset from yours truly) and a foam ball…outside core working hours of course!

But behind the excitement and talk of victory there is an underlying fear amongst colleagues in Team Chuckle about the potential injury of one of our star players…but wait…news just in is that several of our players may be suffering ailments of some sort, but no I shan’t be disclosing who these mystery players are as it may serve as an advantage to our opposition.

Injuries or not, first-timers or not, we’re a bunch of tough cookies and a team to be reckoned with, so challengers beware, we will meet you with crutches, bandages and plasters, but most importantly with fire in our bellies!! See you on the field.

Beth